Repairing St Thomas's - making good the ravages of time
What we have done so far:
- Cleaned, restored and stabilised the Doom Painting
- Repaired part of the clerestory
- Stabilised and cleaned the wooden flooring
- Repaired the stone flooring
- Restored one of the Eyre memorials in the Lady Chapel
Here are some photos of the repair work. Click on each to enlarge it and read the caption.
Photo credits ©: Peter Martindale, Jonathan Baker, Phil Yeomans BNPS; Peter Horwood
We still need to:
- Clean and restore the memorials, paneling, paintings, ceiling, arch and glass in the Lady Chapel
- Repair, restore and clean the interior stonework
Help us save the Church of Angels!