How we spend our money
- It costs £907 a day (£331,261 a year) to run St. Thomas’s church.
We have already spent:
- £46,000 on South Churchyard improvement and North Aisle external masonry repairs.
- £33,000 on internal redecoration and plaster repairs.
- £29,000 on the refurbishment and repairs of St. Michael’s Room.
- £900 on fitting handrails to the Lady Chapel.
- £5,000 on the refurbishment of the clock jacks.
- £100,000 on making the building water tight
Our Quest 2020 appeal has already made major improvements to our historic building with plans for more to come. See the Appeal pages for more detail.
How you can support us
- By direct bank transfer. Make your payment to: PCC St Thomas and reference: St Thomas, your name. Sort code 16-00-21; Account No. 12184123
- By regular Standing Order. The church bank account accepts standing orders. If you would like to start giving by this method, please print, fill in, sign and post this standing order form to the parish office address on the form or scan and email it to the parish office.
- In church by cash or cheque. An offertory is taken at most of our services for cash and cheque donations. Gift Aid envelopes are available in church for such one-off donations. Whenever the church is open donations can be left in one of the two black boxes by the entrance doors.
If you are a UK tax payer please gift aid your donation. Add to your donation without it costing you a penny!
How Gift Aid works:
The Gift Aid scheme is for gifts of money by individuals who pay UK tax. Gift Aid donations are regarded as having basic rate tax deducted by the donor. Charities take your donation - which is money you've already paid tax on - and reclaim the basic rate tax from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on its 'gross' equivalent - the amount before basic rate tax was deducted.
Basic rate tax is 20 per cent, so this means that if you give £10 using Gift Aid, it’s worth £12.50 to the charity.
A Gift Aid declaration must include:
- your full name
- your home address
- the name of the charity
- details of your donation (how much you have donated and the date sent), and it should say that it's a Gift Aid donation
You can either:
All gifts given to St Thomas are treated in confidence and will be seen only by the Treasurer, Finance Officer and Gift Aid Secretary. If you would like further information on any aspect of giving to St Thomas please contact the Parish Office.